GIANT ADVENT CALENDAR
SHOWCASING TAURANGA BASED COMMUNITY GROUPS AND ARTISTS
Local community groups and artists have created displays to be featured in a Giant Advent Calendar installation this December, capturing the spirit of Christmas!
The Advent Calendar will be launched on the 1st December in Red Square and is a unique activation to Tauranga city and the region - giving people a chance to come back and enjoy viewing new boxes as they are revealed.
- Now until 31st October. Expressions of interest are open to produce a display for an Advent Calendar window
- 18th – 22nd November. Display items to be delivered to Tuskany Agency at 58 Devonport Road - if you are unable to do the installation yourself
- 25th – 29th November. Advent Calendar installed in Red Square, and installations put in place
- 1st December - 24th December. Advent Calendar displayed in Red Square, Tauranga city centre
- 6th – 11th January 2020. Advent Calendar dismantled and all items returned (or earlier by prior arrangement)
- Boxes range in size and each group will be allocated a specific size. Minimum is 450 x 450mm
- All items will be sealed in waterproof boxes, lit at night and the front doors (in front of perspex windows) will be locked until each day of their reveal
- The Advent Calendar will be under Tauranga City Council camera surveillance for added security
- Each individual/group retains ownership of all submitted artwork/contributions
- The Advent Calendar is a 6metre structure that stands 2.4metres high with a depth of 600mm.
- It has 24 windows representing each day in December leading up to Christmas Day. Each window will be filled with an item/s or scene representing the spirit of Christmas