Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers
Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers are now available from the Downtown Tauranga Mainstreet Office.
15A Devonport Road
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers you agree to the terms and conditions set out below;
Purchasing Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers:
• Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers (“Gift Vouchers”) are issued by Mainstreet Tauranga Incorporated (“Mainstreet”) and are redeemable for goods and/or services at any participating business in Downtown Tauranga (as listed on the Downtown Tauranga website www.downtowntauranga.co.nz)
• Gift Vouchers can be purchased from the Mainstreet office at Level 1 15A Devonport Road, Tauranga
• Gift Vouchers are available in $10.00 denominations
• Due to regulatory requirements under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009, for all cash purchases over $1,000.00 we require you to provide Mainstreet with your contact details and verification of your identification.
• Payment is required for Gift Vouchers upon collection, no credit terms will be provided by Mainstreet.
Redeeming Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers:
• Gift Vouchers can not be redeemed for cash
• The bearer of the Gift Voucher may use the Gift Voucher to make purchases of goods and/or services at participating Downtown Tauranga Businesses (as listed on the Downtown Tauranga website www.downtowntauranga.co.nz)
• The Downtown Tauranga businesses at which you can redeem your Gift Vouchers may vary from time to time
• Products and/or services may be purchased by ‘combined payment’ e.g. making a purchase and using your Gift Voucher for part of the payment and the remainder of the balance owing with credit, debit or EFTPOS card, or cash
• Gift Vouchers may not be used for purchases over the internet or by email, phone or fax
• The Gift Voucher will be void once the value of the Gift Voucher has been fully redeemed
• If you allow another person to use or take possession of your Gift Voucher, you must inform that person that they will be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law.
Downtown Tauranga Gift Voucher Expiry:
• Check the issue date on your Gift Voucher as soon as you receive it as the expiry date is 12 months from the date of issue
• You should redeem the Gift Voucher prior to the 12 month expiry date. No refund will be given by Mainstreet for unused Gift Vouchers.
• After the Gift Voucher has expired, it is no longer valid. All purchases with the Gift Voucher will be declined.
Lost, Stolen or Altered Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers:
• Gift Vouchers should be treated like cash. You should hold your Gift Voucher securely, as any person holding the Gift Voucher may be able to use its value to make purchases
• Gift Vouchers will be void and will not be redeemable if they are defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way. Mainstreet may subject Gift Vouchers to verification and security checks in its absolute discretion
• Mainstreet is not liable for the availability, quality or fitness for purpose of any goods or services purchased with the Gift Voucher. If you have a dispute about the goods or services, you must resolve the dispute with the store where they were purchased from
• If you wish to return goods to the store where you purchased them with your Gift Voucher it is not possible to reimburse funds with a Downtown Tauranga Gift Voucher. The store will need to provide a refund or store credit subject to the terms and conditions under which the original purchase was made at the store
Ownership of the Gift Voucher:
The Gift Voucher remains the property of Mainstreet. The Gift Voucher may not be copied or reproduced in any circumstances. On expiry of the gift voucher you can destroy it
Changes in Terms and Conditions:
Mainstreet reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. A copy of the latest Terms and Conditions will be available on www.downtowntauranga.co.nz or the office of Mainstreet.
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, the Fair Trading Act 1986 and other statutes may impose warranties, conditions or obligations upon Mainstreet which cannot by law (or which can only to a limited extent by law) be excluded. Other than expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions, Mainstreet excludes all such imposed warranties, conditions or obligations to the extent permitted by law and Mainstreet also excludes any warranty, conditions or obligations imposed or implied under common law, equity or otherwise.
In addition, the guarantees included in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are excluded where you acquire goods from Mainstreet for the purposes of a business in terms of sections 2 and 43 of that Act."
Limitation of Liability:
Mainstreet will not be liable for any loss, or damage or liability of any kind whatsoever including any loss arising in relation to goods and services purchased using the Gift Vouchers or any consequential loss or damage.
Note: For Businesses accepting Downtown Tauranga Gift Vouchers for payment of goods and/or services, please refer to the members’ only page on the Downtown Tauranga website www.downtowntauranga.co.nz for details on reimbursement from Mainstreet.
NB: Image sample only!